Flax and Blueberry Vanilla Overnight Oats
Author: Pinch of Yum
- ½ cup rolled oats OR quick oats
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flaxmeal
- 1 baby pinch of salt
- blueberries, pecans, brown sugar, and other goodies for topping
- In an individual food storage container, add the ingredients in the order listed (except for toppings). Do not stir. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir up the mixture; it should be thick and the oats should be completely soft. Add the toppings of your choice. Repeat forever.
The different varieties of oats affect the texture, so if you like a thicker, chewier texture go for rolled oats and if you prefer something softer and creamier, go for quick cooking oats.
Recipe by Pinch of Yum at http://pinchofyum.com/flax-blueberry-vanilla-overnight-oats