Author: Pinch of Yum
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, washed and cut in half
- 2 cups edamame (I did a quick steam-in-the-bag variety)
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur or other grain
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- fresh baby spinach
- crumbled blue cheese
- salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add onions and saute on low for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, golden brown, and almost sweet tasting.
- While onions are still cooking, pour bulgur and 2 cups water into a saucepan; bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, until most of the moisture has absorbed and the grains are soft enough to eat. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- When onions are done, stir into the bulgur so the butter is absorbed by the grains. Season with salt.
- Combine grapes and edamame in a large mixing bowl. Add cooled bulgur and walnuts. Whisk water and honey; pour over mixture and stir well. Add fresh baby spinach and crumbled blue cheese just before serving.
Makes about 8 cups, so each serving is 1 heaping cup.
Recipe by Pinch of Yum at http://pinchofyum.com/honey-walnut-power-salad