Our friends Alex and Sonja of A Couple Cooks have recently released a beautiful and inspiring cookbook into the world and for the world.
I’m going to try to keep myself from going overboard on how much I love it.
A few reasons why it’s so wonderful:
- Fresh and healthy ingredients (with the exception of that gooey chocolate peanut butter banana upside down cake that you may have seen a while back – oh mannn, that was good, and actually bananas are healthy).
- Globally inspired recipes from the Green Mango Café in Cambodia.
- Stunning photos. Seriously, they’re talented.
This lovely couple has offered their incredible talent and time to create a cookbook that people will love. But what’s more, they’re donating all the cookbook proceeds to help fight human trafficking and provide job training to at-risk girls in Cambodia through an organization called the Center for Global Impact. So for the 19$ you will spend, 14$ (the entire profit) will go to a good cause. A great cause, actually.
It is a marriage of two of the best things in life – food and justice.
That makes my soul happy.
I’m giving away three copies of this cookbook this week because I’m so excited about this on so many levels. Here are the rules:
This giveaway is now closed.
- To enter, leave a comment on this post. Say anything. Like, “hey, this cookbook looks awesome.” Winning comments will be chose randomly.
- The giveaway will close on midnight on Friday, October 12.
- Winners have to have a U.S. mailing address and have to get back to me within 24 hours of being notified.
- You have to PINKY PROMISE to buy this cookbook even if you don’t win! Just kidding. Not a real rule. But do it.
You can (and should!) read more about their story and their experience in Cambodia on their blog.
You can buy the book – hard copy or eBook – directly by clicking here.
Many, many, many thanks to Alex and Sonja for producing a beautiful cookbook that will impact lives. Let’s celebrate creative and delicious food that makes a positive difference!