Sunshine Lentil Bowls featuring garden produce like green beans, tomatoes, herbs, roasty potatoes, soft scrambled eggs with goat cheese, and lentils! lots of lentils. My favorite way to do a clean eating reset between all those summery treats.
- Green Beans
- Dill and/or parsley, basil, etc.
- Goat Cheese
Garlic Olive Oil Dressing:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt and a pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon each dry oregano and dry basil
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large clove garlic
- Prep Vegetables: Cook your lentils, roast your potatoes, blanch or steam your green beans.
- Dressing: Make the dressing by running everything through a blender until smooth.
- Yummiest Eggs: In a small nonstick skillet over low heat, add a tiny knob of butter. Whisk your eggs really well in a separate bowl, season with salt and pepper, and pour into the pan. Wait for a minute, then using a soft rubber spatula, gently scrape the edges of the skillet, moving the eggs around in the pan. Wait for a few seconds after each turn of the spatula, and then repeat. You should be getting big fluffy curds. When the eggs are almost fully cooked, add a few chunks of goat cheese and a little pinch of herbs and then remove the pan from heat, letting the cheese melt and the eggs finish cooking off-heat. Add the eggs to your bowls and dress with salt, pepper, lemon juice, dressing, whatever you want.
The prep for this takes a bit of time, but I like to do it in batches so then I can just keep the ingredients all separate and assemble bowls super quickly throughout the week.
Everything in these bowls can be made and served either hot or cold (except the eggs, which should be hot). I recommend plating everything in your bowls BEFORE you make the eggs so you can add the eggs straight to the plate when they’re hot.