This Chipotle Corn Chowder is creamy, just a little spicy, and chock-full of summer vegetables, including corn, zucchini, and basil. Vegan / Gluten Free.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups red potatoes, diced
- half an onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sweet corn kernels
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original Almondmilk
- 1-2 individual chipotle peppers
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, for serving
- seeds, nuts, oils, etc. for topping
- Sauté: Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add all vegetables + salt and sauté until tender-crisp. Add the broth and simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Blend: Transfer 3 cups of soup to a high-powered blender. Add the almondmilk and chipotles. Blend until desired smoothness (I go for super smooth with this one).
- Finish: Stir the blended mixture into the large pot to combine with remaining soup. Serve into bowls and top with lots of fresh basil, pesto, olive oil, hot sauce (!), and maybe some seeds or nuts to be fancy.
My favorite toppings are ribboned basil, pesto, and hemp hearts.
Go garden-wild! You can kinda use any summer vegetables you like. Spinach is good, if you’re that kind of healthy person.
Be sure to season very generously with salt and pepper – the combo of corn and almondmilk makes this one surprisingly sweet.