These Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Muffins are the BEST! Lemony and bright and made with simple ingredients like zucchini, olive oil, flour, and sugar. Love these!
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (1 medium size)
- 1 cup brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (mild tasting)
- grated zest of a lemon
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin (for 9 standard size muffins).
- After grating, give the zucchini a quick squeeze by hand over the sink to get rid of excess water. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, olive oil, lemon zest, vanilla, and egg.
- Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Then stir in the poppy seeds and zucchini.
- Divide batter into muffin tin (I usually get 9 muffins). Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops spring back when pressed. Yum!
Weirdo alert here, but I like these best when stored in the fridge! They get almost a little dense and they stay super moist.
You can also make a more dense version of these by omitting the baking soda. You’ll need to bake those a little longer – closer to 20 minutes. They won’t get the puffy tops, but they’ll be super dense and moist thanks to all that olive oil and zucchini packed in each bite!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American