This recipe is sponsored by DeLallo
The gnocchi alone – those pillowy tender dumpling-like bites of potato and cheese – is enough to make you go back for seconds. But toss those little gnocch-lettes (just let me) with a life-changingly easy, 5-ingredient vodka sauce, and broil it up with some fresh Mozzarella cheese, all under a little magic dusting of Parmesan, and you are now in Ridiculous territory.
Ridiculous in a good way. Like, ridiculous in the “Wow, this is so intensely cozy, savory, and creamy and yet I cannot stop eating it” kind of way.
This recipe is like guests on a Tuesday night, meets sweatpants casual, meets Christmas dinner. It’s mega winter-weather cozy with equal sides of fancy and down-to-earth.
AND IT IS SO GOOD.
Here’s the thing: you could 100% make your gnocchi from scratch.
Another idea, though? You could get 75% of the way to “homemade” while also not requiring a lot of hours of advance gnocchi rep.
I’ll be choosing option B for the foreseeable future, thanks to the new DeLallo Gnocchi Kits. They are high-quality, Italian-made, and easy, and they are LIFE.
We always do our dinner club on a busy weeknight (like, no time to prep), and since our dinner club has a large appetite for gnocchi, I am stocking up.
This is the one-way ticket for very low stress gnocchi that is both fast and homemade-ish.
Final word of wisdom here: as wonderful as it is to dive headfirst into a pillowy soft bowl of this vodka-sauced goodness (and trust me, it is wonderful), the richness of the gnocchi and sauce will all be balanced beautifully with some kind of crisp veggie as a side. Personally recommend roasted broccoli, sautéed kale, or a crisp and tangy green salad.
Wow-ee. This is a ridiculously yummy wintertime baked gnocchi treasure.
Check out our video for how to make Baked Gnocchi:
Baked Gnocchi with Vodka Sauce! Seriously cozy, seriously addicting. Pillowy-tender gnocchi tossed with an easy five-ingredient vodka sauce, baked under a layer of mozzarella, parmesan, and basil.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, grated, minced, or very thinly sliced
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 2 DeLallo Gnocchi Kits
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley or basil
- Vodka Sauce: Heat butter in a large oven-safe pan over medium low heat. Add garlic; sauté for 5 minutes until soft (don’t brown it). Add tomato paste; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add vodka; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add cream, broth, and salt. Bring to a low simmer until the sauce coats the back of a spoon and tastes delicious. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Gnocchi: Prep the gnocchi according to package directions. Add to the sauce in the pan, and stir gently to combine.
- Bake: Preheat the oven to the broil setting (500 degrees). Arrange mozzarella balls over the top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Bake for 5-8 minutes until very browned and slightly crisped on top. Sprinkle with parsley or basil leaves and serve with a crisp green salad because DANG this is creamy, cozy, and ridiculous.
For proper golden-browning, be sure to use GRATED Parmesan cheese, not shredded. Grated looks like a thick powder, like the stuff many of us know in the green can (but I would advise buying better than that if you can). If all you have is shredded Parmesan cheese, a quick run through the food processor will help get the texture where you want it to be.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: baked gnocchi, vodka sauce, gnocchi with vodka sauce
Thank you to DeLallo for sponsoring this recipe!
One more thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of Easy Italian Recipes. Check it out!