A tangy Italian chopped salad on a crispy flatbread pizza with tomato and mozzarella, aka Chopped Salad Pizza. My favorite food this summer!
For the Chopped Salad:
- romaine lettuce
- cherry tomatoes
- cheese – feta, parmesan, or mozzarella are all nice
- parsley – or any other herbs you like
- Italian dressing – see notes
- pizza crust, such as Flatout Flatbread Crust
- tomato sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- Salad: Chop all your salad ingredients and toss with some dressing. I like when it has a little time to sit and marinate together in the dressing.
- Pizza: Bake your crust for about 5-7 minutes at 375 degrees to get it crispy. If it needs more time, give it up to 10 minutes. Top with a light layer of sauce and cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Assembly: Top the pizza with the salad. Cut and serve. Yummy!
This recipe makes quite a bit of dressing so you’ll probably have some leftover – which is fine by me because it goes well with just about everything.
For DELICIOUS homemade Italian dressing, blend these ingredients until smooth and creamy:
- 3/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons white vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon coarse salt (less if using table salt), 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 clove garlic