This recipe for light orange beef and broccoli is so simple and has just 250 calories per serving! SO flavorful, light, and yummy!
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 lb. flank steak, very thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head broccoli, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Mix the first 6 ingredients, whisking until the cornstarch is dissolved. Boil the broccoli for just a few minutes, until tender crisp. The broccoli will cook a little more once you add it in with the sauce, so make sure not to boil it for too long.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the steak and garlic, draining off extra fat after a few minutes. Flip the pieces until each piece is cooked through and the meat is browned.
- Add the sauce to the pan and stir for 1 minute until the sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in broccoli. Serve over rice and garnish with orange zest and/or scallions.