5 Minute Magic Green Sauce – SO AWESOME. Made with easy ingredients like avocado, olive oil, cilantro, lime, garlic, and parsley! Vegan.
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup packed parsley and cilantro leaves (combined)
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of one lime (or two – get lots of limey goodness in there!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pistachios (you can sub other nuts – see notes)
- Pulse all ingredients – except pistachios – in a food processor until incorporated.
- Add pistachios and pulse until mostly smooth (depends on what consistency you want).
- Serve as a dip, spread, or sauce — or add additional water or oil to thin the sauce for use as a dressing or a marinade.
The equipment section above contains an affiliate link to a product we use and love!
I did make this with other types of nuts like walnuts and almonds and it worked just fine, but the taste wasn’t as good IMHO. If you can find shelled pistachios, it’s worth the splurge!
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: green sauce, avocado sauce, pistachio sauce