Curry-like spicy carrot soup made with 7 easy ingredients – in the Instant Pot if you want. Extremely smooth and velvety, and bonus: it’s super healthy.
- 8–10 large carrots, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- salt to taste
- cilantro and peanuts for topping
- STOVETOP INSTRUCTIONS: Saute the onions and garlic with a little bit of oil until soft. Add the carrots, coconut milk, broth, and curry paste. Simmer until carrots are soft. Add peanut butter and stir until melted. Run through the blender until smooth; season generously with salt, top with peanuts and cilantro.
- INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS(affiliate link): Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot and set for 15 minutes. When done, let everything cool for a few minutes, then run the mixture through the blender until smooth; season generously with salt, top with peanuts and cilantro.
Add more broth as needed to achieve the right silky-smooth consistency.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spicy carrot soup, healthy carrot soup, instant pot carrot soup