Date Night Mushroom Pasta with Goat Cheese – swimming in a white wine, garlic, and cream sauce. Perfect for a date night in!
- 16 ounces uncooked whole wheat farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 24 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used cremini and shiitake)
- 1/4 cup minced garlic or shallots, or a combination of both
- a splash of white wine (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth (as needed)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- PASTA: Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- MUSHROOMS: Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet or pot over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until golden brown and soft, 5-10 minutes. The mushrooms will cook down and reduce in size. Add the garlic and white wine (it should sizzle a bit) and give it a few good stirs. Add the whipping cream and salt.
- TOSS: In a large pot, toss the pasta with the mushroom sauce from step two. Add some or all of the broth if you feel like you want there to be more sauciness (it sort of depends on personal preference – we had it with the added broth, and without, and it was good both times).
- SERVE: While the pasta is still warm, stir in the Parmesan cheese. Just before serving, stir in the spinach and goat cheese, or just top each serving with a few hunks of goat cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: mushroom pasta with goat cheese, mushroom pasta, date night pasta