Glowing Grilled Summer Detox Salad: SUPER healthy meets OMG yummy! with grilled romaine, lime, tomato, cucumber, avocado, corn, shrimp, and cilantro dressing.
For The Grill:
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 4 hearts Romaine lettuce
- 1 lb. jumbo tail on shrimp (use more for a higher shrimp-to-veg ratio)
- olive oil and salt
Other Salad Stuff:
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 2 cups chopped yellow bell pepper
- cilantro avocado dressing
- Salad Prep: Make the avocado cilantro dressing. Chop the tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Set aside about 1/3 cup dressing to brush on the shrimp while grilling.
- Grilling: Heat the grill to medium high heat. Brush the corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap in foil. Wash and dry the romaine, cut in half lengthwise keeping the stem intact, and brush with olive oil and salt. Thread the shrimp onto skewers for easy grilling. Brush with olive oil and salt. Grill times: corn (wrapped in foil) for 20-25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes // lettuce (directly on the grill) for about 5 minutes // shrimp (directly on the grill) for about 5 minutes. Brush the reserved dressing onto the shrimp as it grills for extra yummy flavor.
- Assembly: Cut the stem off the romaine and loosely chop it up. Cut the corn off the cob. Toss everything together with dressing.
Nutrition information does not include dressing.