Super thick and fluffy blueberry pancakes! Melt in your mouth, golden brown, and bursting with blueberries.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1+ cup fresh blueberries
- more butter for the pan
- Mix the milk and vinegar and let it sit for a minute or two (you’re making “buttermilk” here).
- Whisk the dry ingredients together. Whisk the egg, milk, and melted butter into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Melt a little smear of butter in the pan (essential for giving a yummy golden brown crust).
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter into the hot skillet and spread it flat-like (it will be pretty thick). Arrange a few blueberries on top. Cook until you see little bubbles on top and the edges starting to firm up. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the pancakes are sky-high fluffy and cooked through.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup. But honestly, sometimes I just like to eat these plain. YUM, YUM, YUM.
The equipment section may contain affiliate links to products we know and love.
Texture: For thick pancakes, use 3/4 cup milk as directed. For lighter, slightly less fluffy pancakes, use 1 cup milk.
Dairy Free: Use almond milk or another non-dairy milk, and melted coconut oil in place of the butter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry pancakes, fluffy pancakes, pancake recipe