Healing Bowls: turmeric sweet potatoes, brown rice, red quinoa, arugula, poached egg, lemon dressing.
TURMERIC MASHED SWEET POTATOES:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- a swish of olive oil
- 1–2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
LEMON HERB DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons agave
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- poached or scrambled eggs
- brown rice or quinoa
- arugula or spinach or greensss
- pistachios or other nuts for topping
- TURMERIC MASHED SWEET POTATOES: Heat the sweet potatoes with olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the turmeric and toss to coat. Add the garlic and vegetable broth. Simmer until the potatoes are soft and the liquid is almost all absorbed. Transfer to a small bowl and mash. Season with salt and pepper and/or a touch of cream if you want to be lush about it.
- DRESSING: Pulse all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Season to taste.
- BOWLS: Toss the greens with a little dressing. You can also stir a little dressing into the sweet potatoes – that’s yummy. Serve each bowl with the mashed sweet potatoes, brown rice, greens, and a scrambled or poached or fried egg. Top with more dressing and a handful of pistachios.
This makes enough for 4 servings of mashed potatoes and dressing.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healing bowl, turmeric sweet potatoes, healthy bowl recipe