This Holiday Detox Green Apple Smoothie is festive, nutritious, and perfect for snacking on between those decadent holiday meals.
- 1 banana (or half is plenty if you’re watching sugar)
- 1–2 cups kale, stems removed
- 1 cup apple cider (no sugar added – just the real stuff)
- 1 cup water or ice
- optional extras: flaxmeal, nuts (I used pecans), nut butter
- dash of cinnamon
- pomegranate seeds for topping
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Use water for a juice-like texture and ice for a smoothie-like texture. Add in any extras you want for extra protein, fiber, or healthy fats.
- Stir in a dash of cinnamon, top with pomegranate seeds, and enjoy!
The smoothie naturally separates a bit after it rests, so you may find that there is a layer of foam and kale-textured-stuff on the top. You can either stir to reincorporate it, eat it, or skim off the top to remove. I would also suggest eating the pom seeds before sipping up the drink since because they will get stuck in the straw which can drive some people *points to self* completely crazy.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American