This homemade poppy seed dressing recipe uses simple ingredients and hardly takes any time to make!
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons Greek vanilla or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon semi-sweet white wine (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 2–3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Saute the shallot in the butter over medium low heat for 5-10 minutes or until the shallot is very soft and fragrant.
- In a food processor, place the yogurt, mayonnaise, olive oil, wine, vinegar, sugar, and the sauteed shallots. Puree until smooth. Taste and adjust as necessary. Add the water to adjust the consistency if it needs to be thinned. Stir in the poppy seeds and just like that, you’re good to go! Don’t forget to keep it refrigerated.
Makes about 1 cup of dressing. Nutrition information is for one serving (about 3 tablespoons).
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American