You won’t believe how easy this recipe is! Comfort food meets REAL food with healthy, simple ingredients. SO deliciously good!
For the Enchiladas
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 14 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 4 cups enchilada sauce (use canned sauce OR see recipe below)
- 10 10-inch flour tortillas
For the Sauce (optional)
- 1 28 ounce can tomatoes (refilled once with water or broth)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons taco or Southwestern seasoning
- half an onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- If the chicken breasts are large, cut them in half or in fourths. Put the quinoa, broth, and chicken in a rice cooker. Select the “white rice” setting – when it’s done, just double check that the chicken is cooked through. You can shred it with two forks directly in the pot.
- If you’re making your own sauce, puree all the sauce ingredients in a blender. If you want, simmer the sauce for a while to bring out more flavor. But this is the lazy girl’s enchiladas, so…
- Pour about half of the sauce, half of the cheese, and the black beans directly into the rice cooker with the cooked quinoa and chicken – stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a scoop of the quinoa chicken filling in the center of a tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in a 9×13 baking dish. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
- Top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted. Serve!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: enchilada recipe, quinoa enchilada, chicken enchilada, easy enchilada