- 2 tablespoons Pearl River Bridge dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Pearl River Bridge light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4–6 ounces uncooked ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions, chopped (separate green parts from white parts – you’ll use both separately)
- 2–3 cups julienne cut or chopped vegetables like carrots, red peppers, cabbage, bok choy, mushrooms, or broccoli
- 1–2 tablespoons mirin
- Sauce: Shake all the sauce ingredients together in a jar.
- Noodles: Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Lo Mein: Heat the sesame oil in a large wok or skillet. Add the green onions (white parts) and vegetables to the hot pan. Stir fry until fork-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the mirin to loosen the browned bits up off the bottom of the pan. Add the cooked noodles and about half of the sauce – toss around in the hot pan to combine. Add more sauce if needed (I usually gauge the amount of sauce I want by the color of the noodles – you want a medium brown color, not too light, not too dark). Serve topped with remaining green onions!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
If you want to add a protein, stir fry it first, before the vegetables, then remove from heat while you cook the vegetables. Add back into the pan at the end with the noodles.