Tender, juicy, garlic-marinated shrimp brushed with a bright pesto sauce and piled high on creamy Parmesan risotto with fresh tomatoes and herbs sprinkled on it all. Wow wow wow! Diving in now!
- clove minced or 1 minced (or both)
- (sub chicken broth + a little lemon juice)
- -4 of
- optional: tiny drizzle of truffle oil
- 1–2 pounds jumbo shrimp (shells removed and tails on or off, whatever you prefer)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1/4 cup DeLallo jarred pesto
- 1–2 roma, beefsteak, or any kind of fresh juicy tomatoes, chopped
- herbs for topping
- Marinate the Shrimp: Place the shrimp, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and lemon zest in a bowl or plastic bag. Mix it all together so the shrimp is coated with all that flavor goodness. Stick it back in the fridge to let it marinate while you make the risotto (for about 1 hour, if you can).
- : In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic or shallots and saute for a minute or two, until soft and fragrant.
- Add the arborio rice, stir to coat with butter. Add the white wine and enjoy the sizzles. Add the broth, 1/2 cup at a time, and simmer/stir after each addition until the rice is soft and creamy.
- When the risotto is done, add the Parmesan and stir until incorporated. Add truffle oil if you want (omg it’s so good). Salt + pepp to taste.
- Make the Pesto Shrimp: Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (I use nonstick for this). Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on their size. Brush the cooked shrimp with the pesto for the last 60 seconds or so of cooking.
- Serve risotto topped with those juicy pesto shrimp. Speckle some chopped fresh tomatoes around in there and top with herbs or something delicate and green (I used microgreens in the photo). Salt, pepper, a little more lemon juice and you’re in a very happy place.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: pesto shrimp, risotto recipe, parmesan risotto