This Roasted Broccoli Salad is EVERYTHING! Bright lemon, crisped-up bacon, tangy feta, and it’s all built around a big bowl of roasted broccoli. A true hero of a meal!
- 2 bags of broccoli florets (24 ounces total)
- olive oil
- 12 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1–2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- 3–4 thick slices sourdough, cut into cubes
- zest of 2 lemons
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- salt, pepper, olive oil to finish
- Roast broccoli, bacon, and shallot: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place broccoli on a large sheet pan, on one side. Place bacon and shallots on the other side. (If you’re running out of room you can separate this onto two sheet pans.) Drizzle broccoli with a little olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Roast everything for 20-30 minutes, until things are nice and browned. Transfer broccoli, bacon, and shallots to a bowl.
- Make sourdough croutons: Turn the oven temp down to 375 degrees. Drain off excess bacon fat if needed, and then add sourdough to the bacon pan and toss to coat in the bacon fat. Add more olive oil or butter as needed to get the croutons evenly coated. Bake for 5-7 minutes until crispy and lightly browned.
- Toss and serve: Toss broccoli, bacon, and shallot with feta (add it while everything is hot so it melts a little bit! so yum), lemon zest and lemon juice, and sourdough croutons. Finish with a clove of freshly grated garlic, if you can handle the bite, which I most definitely can! Also: salt, pepper, and olive oil to taste. You can eat this hot or cold or room temp, and it will be so delicious all of the above ways.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: broccoli recipe, broccoli salad, salad recipe