These addicting stir fried noodles are also known as Filipino Pancit Canton. With shrimp, vegetables, and deliciously simple flavors.
- 1 lb. raw, tail-off shrimp
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 head green cabbage
- 2 large carrots
- 8 ounces dry pancit canton noodles
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- calamansi (or lime) juice to taste
- sliced green onions for topping
- Mince the garlic and onion. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and onion and stir-fry until soft, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop the cabbage and peel and grate the carrot. Add another tablespoon of oil into the skillet and stir fry the vegetables until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring the chicken stock, soy sauce, and fish sauce to a boil. Add the pancit noodles and boil until the noodles are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and vegetables to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to a large skillet and add the contents of the pot. Stir fry the mixture for about 10 minutes. When most of the liquid has been absorbed, remove from heat and stir in the calamansi juice. Top with sliced green onions.
You could change up the vegetables with anything that’s in season or that you happen to have on hand.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: stir fried noodles, shrimp and vegetables, filipino pancit canton