This Super Easy Coconut French Toast Bake can be made with just five ingredients! A colorful, pretty, simple brunch dish.
For the Coconut French Toast
- 1 package King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet 12 Pack Dinner Rolls
- 1 can regular coconut milk
- 1 cup milk
- 7 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Optional Extras for Topping
- turbinado sugar
- sliced bananas
- sliced strawberries
- flaked coconut
- maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Tear the bread into bite-sized pieces. Arrange evenly in a greased 9×13 baking dish,
- Whisk the coconut milk, milk, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Pour the milk mixture over the bread, covering all pieces. Bake for 40-45 minutes, keeping an eye on the top and covering with foil if it starts to burn. When finished, the french toast bake will be puffy and firm (shouldn’t jiggle when you shake it back and forth).
- Optional: After everything is fully baked, top with turbinado sugar and banana slices and return to the oven uncovered for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove and let stand for 15 minutes. Top with strawberry slices for a big color pop! Pritty.
When it’s fully baked, it will be very puffy. After it rests, it will probably lose some of its puffiness and will settle to a level similar to what you see pictured.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked french toast, coconut french toast, french toast bake