3 ingredient sweet potato pizza crust – all you need is sweet potatoes, rolled oats, and an egg! SUPER easy hand-holdable healthy pizza crust!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pulse the sweet potato and oats through the food processor until very fine. Add the egg and garlic powder and salt; pulse again to mix. The mixture should resemble a loose dough or thick batter.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet or round pizza pan. Press into crusts and shape with your hands – you can either make two smaller crusts (you’ll get more crispy edge surface area) or one larger crust. Crusts should be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top is dry to the touch. Remove from oven, let cool, and invert back onto the pan with the dry side facing down. Peel the parchment very gently off the top layer and brush with olive oil. Bake for another 5-10 minutes to get a nice crispy top.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings and pop back into the oven to melt the cheese! Voila.
When you peel the parchment paper off, the crust will want to stick to the parchment paper. Just do this slowly and carefully – it should work fine, and even if a few little tiny bits of crust come off with the parchment, your crust will still hold together. If it’s really an issue, stick it back in the oven for a few minutes with the parchment paper ON TOP to dry it out. This will make it easier to pull off. If the hand-holdable factor is of importance to you, I would let the crust cool and dry out a little bit before baking. High-moisture toppings such as tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese can really do a number on the hand-holdability of this crust and might require some fork action. We found the BBQ Chicken pizza toppings (BBQ sauce, chicken, cheese, red onion, cilantro) were the most likely to give us a crust that was still hand-holdable even after baking.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pizza crust, healthy pizza crust, sweet potato recipe, sweet potato pizza crust