Detox Crockpot Lentil Soup – a clean and simple soup made with onions, garlic, carrots, olive oil, squash, and LENTILS! Super healthy and easy to make.
For the crockpot:
- 2 cups butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 2 cups carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cups potatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 1 cup green lentils
- 3/4 cup yellow split peas (or just use more lentils)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8–10 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
Add at the end:
- 2–3 cups kale (stems removed, chopped)
- 1 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup olive oil – rosemary olive oil or other herb infused oil is delicious
- a swish of sherry, red wine vinegar, or lemon juice to add a nice tangy bite
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Place about 4 cups of soup in a blender with the olive oil. Pulse gently until semi-smooth and creamy-looking (the oil will form a creamy emulsion with the soup). Add back to the pot and stir to combine. Stir in the kale and parsley. Turn the heat off and just let everything chill out for a bit before serving. The taste gets better with time and so does the texture, IMO!
- Season to taste (add the sherry, vinegar, and/or lemon juice at this point) and to really go next level, serve with crusty wheat bread and a little Parmesan cheese. It’s called Detox Balance. 😉
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
Instant Pot Instructions: Place same first group of ingredients in the Instant Pot and cook on the soup setting for 30 mins with a quick release. Follow the same blending instructions and then add kale and parsley.
Freezer Meal Version
- Freeze together:
2 cups chopped butternut squash, fresh or frozen
2 cups mirepoix, fresh or frozen
1-2 cups chopped potatoes, fresh or frozen
1 cup uncooked brown lentils
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon herbes de Provence (or other spices you like)
1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
4-5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Instant Pot Instructions: From frozen, 15 minutes on high pressure + 10 minutes natural release.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: From frozen, 6 hours on high.
- Final Step: Blend a little of the soup with 1/4 cup olive oil, return to pot, and stir in 1-2 cups chopped kale. Finish with some lemon juice or red wine vinegar.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lentil soup, crockpot soup, slow cooker soup, vegetarian soup, vegan soup