Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken and Lentil Bowls! The BEST easy protein powerhouse meal prep. Just 15 mins of prep and totally hands-off cooking!
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 3 cups salsa verde
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, diced (ribs and seeds removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Add everything to the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 mins. Quick release the steam. Stir it all up and add more salsa verde as desired.
- Serve with rice and a squeeze of lime!
Note: Expect about 10-15 mins for the Instant Pot to come to pressure before the cook time starts.
Slow Cooker: Cook for 8 hours on low. The chicken probably only needs 4 hours so add it halfway if you want to be really on top of it and keep your chicken from drying out.
Freezer Meal Version
- Freeze Together:
2 cups dried lentils
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
3 cups salsa verde
1/2 small onion, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 jalapeños, diced (ribs and seeds removed)
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
3 cups chicken broth (can add at cook time)
- Instant Pot Instructions: High pressure 25 mins + 10 mins natural release
- Slow Cooker Instructions: High setting 6 hours (thaw first)
- Final Step: Serve with rice and cilantro.
- Check out our full freezer meal posts with all recipes and instructions here!
- Category: Meal Prep
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
Keywords: chicken lentil bowls, lentil rice bowls, rice bowls