Creole Chicken and Sausage – Meal Prep Style! Shredded chicken, andouille sausage, creole seasoning, a rich tomato sauce, veggies, and rice. Cooked in the Instant Pot or slow cooker!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12–16 ounces Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 14-ounce can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2–3 tablespoons tomato paste (optional – it makes it thicker)
- 2 green or red bell peppers, chopped
- half an onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1–2 teaspoons salt, if your Creole seasoning doesn’t have any
- serve with – rice, cheese, cilantro, green onions, hot sauce, sour cream, etc.
- Prep all your ingredients.
- Cook everything together in an Instant Pot for about 8 minutes. (Freezer times listed below.)
- Shred chicken directly in the pot. Taste and adjust, and serve over rice topped with anything your fancy lil heart desires!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
Freezing: You can freeze this by assembling everything in a bag or container (see this post for my recommendations) and then popping it into the Instant Pot from frozen! yay! and cooking on high pressure for about 15 minutes.
Sausage: My first choice is Andouille sausage, but I’ve used kielbasa as well which is also delicious. You can cook this in the Instant Pot with the chicken and vegetables as directed, OR you can pan-fry your Andouille / kielbasa to get the edges a little bit browned and then just add it in at the end.
Extra Veggies: I have added butternut squash, corn, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms, and other vegetables to this with great success! Clean out your fridge + get some extra nutrition.
Texture Variations: You can play with this a little bit. If you want it more saucy, add another can of tomatoes or a cup of tomato puree (that’s what the original recipe calls for). You can also make things a little creamy by adding some Greek yogurt, sour cream, or my personal favorite – a spoon full of almond butter. Don’t knock it till you try it.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Creole-Inspired
Keywords: instant pot creole chicken and sausage, creole chicken and sausage, instant pot creole recipe