This simple shrimp scampi can be made in just 15 minutes! Lots of lemon flavor, buttery shrimp, fresh parsley, and noodles.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, shells and tails removed (see notes)
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter (can add more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup minced lemon pieces*
- 8 ounces uncooked capellini noodles (I used Jovial gluten free)
- a handful of fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- First five minutes: shrimp. Start a pot of boiling water for the noodles. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a small skillet. Press the excess moisture out of the shrimp (especially if they were originally frozen) and place them in the hot skillet. Don’t move them around right away – let them cook for 1-2 minutes before flipping them over to cook on the other side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper while still in the pan. When the shrimp are cooked through, remove from heat and set aside.
- Second five minutes: sauce and noodles. Put the noodles in the boiling water and cook as directed on the package. In the skillet used earlier, add the garlic and butter and reduce the heat to medium. Saute for 3 minutes, stirring continuously, until the garlic is soft and fragrant. The garlic will taste bad if it gets burned so be careful! Add the wine and allow to cook down (simmer until there is less liquid) for a few minutes. Add the lemon pieces and saute for another 1-2 minutes. Finally, add the shrimp back to the skillet just to warm it up again.
- Last five minutes: assemble. Drain the noodles and return to the saucepan. Add the shrimp/lemon/garlic mixture and the fresh parsley. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and top with a tiny bit of Parmesan cheese.
*I used frozen raw shrimp that still had the shell on so I had to spend a few minutes peeling the shells off. I also chose to remove the tails which was nice because then we didn’t have to worry about removing the tails while we were eating.
*I used pieces from the leftover blender lemonade. You could recreate this by finely chopping a little bit of lemon (rind and everything) or just use 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice and a spoon full of zest. You can easily adjust this depending on how lemony you want it to taste.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: shrimp scampi recipe, shrimp recipe, shrimp pasta