This 20 Minute Lemon Pesto Penne is my husband’s favorite pasta! Baby broccoli, oven roasted tomatoes, and fresh lemon and basil.
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne
- 2 cups baby broccoli
- 1 cup oven roasted tomatoes (I used Kirkland brand and rinsed excess oil)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- Cook the penne according to package directions. Add the baby broccoli to the pot of boiling water for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. It should turn bright green. Drain and return to the pan over medium high heat.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to the pan with the pasta and baby broccoli; saute 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the pesto, half of the feta, and the lemon juice. Toss in the pan until well combined. Remove from heat and add the basil. Sprinkle with remaining feta before serving.
You could also use regular broccoli, broccolini, or broccoli rabe (all have different flavors and textures but I think they could all work).
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: lemon pesto penne, penne pasta, pesto pasta