Roasted Vegetable Bowls! Crispy tender roasted veggies, buttery avocado, all together in a bowl with a drizzle of green tahini sauce.
- 8 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 golden potatoes, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- olive oil and salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil (mild tasting)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- a big bunch of cilantro and/or parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- squeeze of half a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste – I like 3/4 teaspoon)
- hard boiled eggs
- chicken, tofu, any other protein
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roasted Vegetables: Arrange your vegetables onto a few baking sheets lined with parchment (I keep each vegetable in its own little section). Toss with olive oil and salt. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Sauce: While the veggies are roasting, blitz up your sauce in the food processor or blender.
- Finish: Voila! Portion and save for the week! Serve with avocado or hard boiled eggs or… anything else that would make your lunch life amazing.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
Roasting Time: For similar timing and doneness, I recommend putting broccoli and cauliflower together on one baking sheet, and carrots and potatoes together on another. I like to roast the vegetables for a little longer (more like 30-40 minutes total) to really get them browned. Not necessary, just my preference. The benefit of putting the broccoli and cauliflower together, and potatoes and carrots together, is that you can pull out the broccoli and cauliflower a few minutes early if you feel like it’s getting too browned, and give the carrots and potatoes a bit more time.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Vegetarian