30-Minute Sesame Roasted Sweet Potatoes – healthy, vibrant, and super easy to make! Topped with tahini, sesame oil, cilantro, and sesame seeds.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper for spiciness
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Toss the sweet potatoes with the vegetable oil, chili powder, cayenne, and salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring gently every 5-10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to 400 degrees and roast for another 5-10 minutes until the sweet potatoes are turning golden brown. Continue to stir the sweet potato pieces as needed to prevent over-browning. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- On a separate platter or directly on the baking sheet, drizzle the sweet potatoes with the sesame oil and tahini. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Add a handful of cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted sweet potatoes, sweet potato recipe, sweet potato wedges