This cilantro vinaigrette is EVERYTHING. The flavor is amazing and it only takes 5 ingredients! This recipe is completely inspired by the cilantro vinaigrette in the beautiful What’s Gaby Cookin cookbook!
- 1 huge bunch of fresh cilantro (2 cups packed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, if needed
- Blend everything up for about a minute until smooth. Add the water if you need more volume in the blender to make it run smoothly. Season to taste!
- PUT ON EVERYTHING! I actually do mean everything. So delicious.
You can see Gaby’s original recipe here on her blog, or of course, in her book! I made a few small changes: omitted the shallot (to reduce sensitivity to raw onion / onion relatives), changed red wine vinegar to white vinegar (because I love the sharp tang), and added a little water (sometimes my blender needs a little added volume to help it all run smoothly).
Keep this in a jar in the fridge for 3-4 days! TREAT CITY!
- Category: Dressing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cilantro dressing, cilantro vinaigrette, vinaigrette recipe