5-Ingredient Marinated Tomatoes! The best summer staple. Fresh tomatoes, punchy lemon juice, grated garlic, a little bit of olive oil, and herbs and salt to make it sing. YES.
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced herbs (I like parsley)
- salt to taste (I use about 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt)
- Toss tomatoes, grated garlic, olive oil, vinegar, herbs, and salt together in a small bowl. You’re done.
- Now just let the marinated tomatoes get real yummy. Give them 2-3 hours minimum to just rest in the fridge, but you can also let them soak in all that goodness for up to 24 hours, especially if your tomatoes were sturdy to begin with, and/or if you’ll be mixing them into other things like a salad. Bring them back to room temperature for ideal serving conditions!
Tomato Options: You can also use whole beefsteak tomatoes and just cut them into slices.
Acid Options: I have used white vinegar, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice all with very delicious results.
Timing: For longer marinating times, sometimes the oil will congeal a bit in the fridge. This should be resolved by just bringing it back to room temperature.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: marinated tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, summer recipe, summer tomato recipe, tomato season, basil