This 5 Minute Blender Enchilada Sauce is quick, easy, and full of vegetables! Healthy, easy, homemade enchilada sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons taco or Southwestern seasoning
- half an onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed
- ½ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- Blend everything together.
For extra flavor and depth, simmer it all together for a while, maybe 15-30 minutes. But you can use it right out of the blender, too.
Freezes just fine!
Nutrition is for half a cup (1/8th of the recipe).
A previous version of this recipe used 28 ounces of water (refilling the can of tomatoes once), but due to reader feedback and our own re-testing, we’ve changed it to 1 cup of water.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: enchilada sauce, blender enchilada sauce, easy enchilada sauce