5-Minute Vegan Sunshine Sauce – this stuff is liquid gold! ☀ made with olive oil, vinegar, spices, garlic, and a hint of salt. SO yummy!
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic
- black pepper to taste
- fresh herbs optional (see notes)
- fresh lemon (see notes)
- Blitz everything up in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. ☀
- Serve on everything! Roasted vegetables, salads, meal prep… it is so versatile and SO yummy.
Pantry upgrade: I wanted this recipe to be very pantry friendly which is why I didn’t add fresh herbs and lemon to the base recipe (I don’t always have them on hand). BUT. If you do have fresh lemon, add it! It’s delicious. And definitely add fresh herbs if you have them! I like to throw a handful of parsley or basil in for Italian recipes, and cilantro for Mexican recipes.
Storing and Re-Using: This keeps in a jar in the fridge for about one week. If it separates, just shake it up again. If the oil turns solid in the fridge, just let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes OR run the jar under warm water and shake again. If it’s too thick or gloppy, add a little more water.