This Creamy Dreamy Vegan “Yogurt” is the BEST! Made in five minutes with three ingredients and naturally sweetened.
The Main Things
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 12 ounces tofu (see notes)
- 1/4 cup liquid sweetener – agave, maple syrup, or honey (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (more or less to taste)
- 1 probiotic capsule (optional! see notes)
- Blend everything together on a high speed setting until very, very, verrry smooth.
- Store in jars, in the fridge, for up to 5 days!
Tofu: I made batches with both silken and firm tofu and I liked them both! Not surprisingly, the firm tofu yielded a more firm yogurt (like the first photo) and the silken tofu was smoother / not as firm (like the last few photos).
Blending: If you’re having trouble blending it up, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of non dairy milk. For easiest blending, thaw your peaches first!
Probiotics: For a probiotic boost, you can empty a probiotic capsule right into the blender and mix it up. I actually preferred the batches I made without the probiotics. I felt like the texture got a little chalky with the probiotic capsule. Maybe it was my specific brand of capsules, I’m not sure. But the cookbook that initially inspired this recipe (The Perfect Blend) includes a probiotic capsule in the yogurt, and some of you may like to get those extra probiotics in!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan yogurt, cashew yogurt, tofu yogurt