These Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bars are wholesome and perfect and just everything your summer needs! Made with oats, almond butter, zucchini, dates, and maple syrup. So many feel-good ingredients packed into one bar!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1–2 zucchini, grated and squeezed once (about 2 cups total, divided)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of kosher salt
- chocolate chips (optional, for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Set aside about half of the zucchini and chocolate chips to stir in later. Blend everything else together until a smooth-ish batter comes together.
- Stir in chocolate chips and zucchini. Pour batter into a square baking dish (9×9 or similar). Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and gently springs back when you press into it.
- For clean cuts, let it cool completely. (Or for hungry bellies, just get into it right warm out of the oven.) I like to store this in the refrigerator but you can serve warm or cold ALL DAY LONG! Snack, breakfast, dessert, all of it. ♡
For a date-free version, use 1/2 cup almond butter and 1/2 cup maple syrup (and omit the dates). Still delicious!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini bars, zucchini dessert, chocolate dessert