Almond Butter Cups: made with five ingredients and no refined sugar. So creamy, rich, and yummy!
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (more or less to taste)
- 2-4 tablespoons natural sweetener (I like agave or maple syrup – more or less to taste)
- pinch of salt
- roughly 3/4 cup of almond butter (or any nut butter)
- sea salt for topping
- Whisk the coconut oil, cocoa powder, sweetener, and a pinch of salt.
- Fill a regular size muffin tin with paper liners. Pour a small amount of the cocoa mixture (1-2 tablespoons) into the paper cups. Drop a small spoonful of the almond butter (2-3 teaspoons) into the center of each cup. Divide remaining chocolate amongst the cups.
- If almond butter is sticking up, just gently press it down so each cup has a smooth top layer. Sprinkle each almond butter cup with a pinch of coarse sea salt. Freeze for one hour or until solid. YUM TOWN.
These can be stored in the fridge or freezer!
They are very adaptable – I’ve used as much as 3/4 cup cocoa, and as little as 2 tablespoons agave. It just depends on how sweet / dark you want them to be. I’ve also used peanut butter which is (obviously) delicious!