This almond crusted tilapia has just 5 ingredients and is light, healthy, and super easy. Crushed almonds give perfect texture and flavor to the tilapia.
- 1/2 cup salted almonds
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, plain or seasoned
- 2–4 tilapia filets (I always have enough crumbs if I’m using 4 smaller filets)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1–2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- parmesan cheese, fresh lemon, or sea salt for topping
- Place the almonds and breadcrumbs in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground into a crumb-like mixture. Place the crumb mixture on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Spread each tilapia filet with 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard on both sides. Press the tilapia into the crumbs to get it coated on both sides. I usually do this several times to make sure the whole thing gets covered.
- Place the fish into the frying pan and cook for several minutes on each side, until the outside is browned and the fish is fully cooked. I usually just check the middle of the fish for doneness – pieces will flake off easily when it’s done.
- Serve with parmesan, sea salt, or lemon.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond crusted tilapia, almond crusted fish, tilapia recipe