These Almond Oat Banana Crepes are such a delicious way to enjoy a healthy treat for breakfast! My favorite simple, yet sweet, morning go-to!
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- a tiny pinch of salt
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Nutella (or chocolate of any kind), melted
- Place the oats and almond meal in a food processor. Grind for 30 seconds or until a flour-like substance forms. There should be about 1 cup of this mixture.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in the flour. Add the milk, egg, vanilla, brown sugar, and salt. Whisk for 20 seconds or until smooth and incorporated.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the pan. Carefully swirl the batter around the pan once to spread the batter out for a larger, more thin crepe. Cook until the edges of the crepe come up easily with a spatula. Carefully loosen the crepe around the edges and then inward to the center until the crepe releases from the pan; remove and set aside. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Stuff the crepes with sliced bananas and whatever else you like. I’d recommend almond butter, peanut butter, blueberries, strawberries, vanilla yogurt, cottage cheese, and ricotta cheese. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and serve warm or cold!
Tips for success!
1) Keep the heat LOW. They burn easily.
2) If you see clear bubbles right away when you pour the batter, it’s too runny. Add more flour.
3) Don’t use oil or butter in the pan – just use a good quality nonstick pan that the crepes can slide right off of.
4) You can cook the crepes on both sides, but you don’t need to. I didn’t, because the back side doesn’t really get any more brown once you flip it.
5) It’s tricky them out of the pan, but when they are ready, they’ll come. Be patient, make small adjustments to your batter and your heat levels, and work carefully. These are delicate little guys!
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: almond oat banana crepe, banana crepe, almond crepe