Hellllooo quick summer lunch! These chicken wraps have me hooked. Shredded chicken, crispy cheddar cheese, fresh veg like tomato, corn, and lettuce, some pickled red onion, and not one, but TWO sauces.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- whole wheat wraps (I *really* love the Joseph’s brand – affiliate link)
- about a pound of grilled chicken or pulled rotisserie chicken meat, cut into small pieces
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, cut off the cob
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced (see notes)
- a head of fresh lettuce, shredded
- a couple of small fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced or chopped
Your Double Dips:
- Make your cheddar cheese crispies: place the cheese in little piles in a nonstick or cast iron pan (I do 2 at a time). Leave it over medium heat until the cheese melts and starts to get crispy around the edge. Once it’s crisped up, you can gently remove it from the pan. And as it sits on a plate to cool, it will harden and get light and crunchy!
- Arrange your wraps: place the cheese crisp down on the wrap (I put it so it aligns with one edge of the wrap). Add chicken and cover with a squizzle of Chick-Fil-A sauce. Add corn, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and top with ranch. Fold it up and devour!
You can use thinly sliced red onion on the wrap, or you can make quick pickled onions! To make the pickled onions, place thinly sliced red onions in a jar. Add a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and fill about 1/3 of the way with white vinegar. Fill the jar to the top with water. Shake it up and pop it in the fridge. It’ll be ready / pickly in about an hour and you can keep them in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
The beauty of this is that any dips or sauces can work! I am loving the Chick-Fil-A / ranch combo this summer, but you can do this with any store-bought or homemade sauces.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken wrap, lunch wrap, easy lunch