This grilled cheese sandwich is stuffed with bacon, pear slices, and raspberry preserves for a salty-sweet combo that is simple to make and so addicting.
- 4 slices sturdy, grainy wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red pear
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1–2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat griddle or panini press to medium-high heat.
- Assemble 2 sandwiches in this order: bread, 1 1/2 tbs. preserves, pear, 4 slices bacon, 2 slices cheese, bread.
- Spread butter on top and bottom of sandwich and grill for 4-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown.
My slices of bacon were pretty small and thin, which is why I used 4 on each sandwich (gulp). I think 2 regular slices per sandwich would be plenty.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bacon grilled cheese, pear and raspberry grilled cheese, grilled cheese recipe