Delicious baked salmon with crispy potatoes, broccoli, and the most amazing life-changing lemon sauce smothered on top of it all. This is restaurant bistro-style eating!
For the Sheet Pan:
- 1 lb. small gold potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- olive oil + garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- 2–3 cups of broccoli florets (I’m using baby broccoli in the photos)
- 1–2 lbs. salmon (cut into 2-4 filets)
Lemon Herb Sauce:
- 6–8 tablespoons butter
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2–3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- chopped fresh parsley or basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the Potatoes: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Add the potatoes to the pan and toss with a little bit of olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes until lightly browned and delicious.
- Make the Life-Changingly Delicious Sauce: While the potatoes are roasting, make your sauce. Melt the butter over medium low heat (I usually start with 6 tablespoons and add the last two if needed once the sauce is cooked). Add the garlic, shallot, and thyme sprigs; sauté for 3-5 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add broth and cream; bring to a low simmer. Let the sauce hang out over low heat until it starts to thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove the thyme sprigs. Whisk in the lemon juice, stir in the herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Give it a taste. Yes, you’re in heaven now.
- Bake the Salmon and Broccoli: Add the broccoli and the salmon to the potato pan (keeping the potatoes on there). Toss or brush with a little more oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the salmon is fully cooked – I like it to be *just* past the point of translucent where it flakes apart very easily but isn’t dried out.
- You’re Done: Serve salmon, potatoes, and broccoli with big spoonfuls of sauce, more herbs, and more lemon wedges. This is living. ♡
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked salmon, lemon sauce, salmon recipe