The yummiest Baked Shrimp with Feta and Grilled Sourdough! Bubble up some feta, garlic, shrimp, and tomato sauce in a pan, grill some buttery crispy bread, and dunk that right on in. The simplest fancy-ish dinner!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh chopped parsley and lemon wedges for serving
- 6–8 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons butter for the bread
- Sauté the veggies: Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium high heat (I like to use a wide, shallow Dutch oven). Add the shallot and bell pepper; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Make the tomato sauce: Turn the heat down. Add the tomatoes, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and broth; simmer until the sauce reduces and gets a little darker in color, about 10 minutes.
- Grill the sourdough: While the sauce simmers, grill your sourdough. Melt the butter, brush it on the bread, and grill in a pan (ideally a grill pan) until crispy and golden brown. Wrap in foil and keep warm in the oven.
- Add the shrimp: Add the shrimp into the tomato sauce in a single layer. The shrimp will cook right in the sauce – keep on the heat for about 5 minutes, flipping the shrimp once, until the shrimp are no longer translucent.
- Broil: Turn the broiler on. Sprinkle feta on top. Transfer to the oven and broil for 5 minutes or until the feta is browned. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley. Serve with grilled sourdough and juicy little lemon wedges.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked shrimp, tomato sauce, grilled bread, dutch oven recipe, shrimp and feta, shrimp dinner