These Baked Chicken Meatballs are the BEST! The perfect addition to any meal or to eat right on their own. Bonus: they’re meal-prep friendly to stock up throughout the week!
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional – makes meatballs more moist and yummy)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- additional seasonings optional!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and a little cooking spray.
- Mix: Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Roll: Roll the mixture into about 30 small balls. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake: Bake for 25-30 minutes.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
I really love making this with ground chicken OR ground turkey. If I use ground turkey, I like the dark meat ground turkey that they sell at Whole Foods.
For mixing, I usually wash my hands, take my rings off, and mix it all up with my hands.
I prefer chunk-less meatballs when it comes to onion and garlic which is why I prefer to use powder. But if you like to have the chunks, I think you could use finely minced fresh garlic and onion with good results!
The sauce pictured here is a store-bought vodka sauce from DeLallo! It’s delicious.
Freezer Meal Version
- Mix, roll, and freeze:
1 pound ground chicken or turkey
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
*Note: you can also bake them first at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and then freeze them fully cooked
- Bake from raw/frozen: 400 degrees for 30 minutes
- Final Step: Serve with literally anything – personal fave includes some kind of pasta, red sauce, and a salad.
- Check out our full freezer meal posts with all recipes and instructions here!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked chicken meatballs, chicken meatballs, meal prep meatballs