These whole wheat pumpkin pancakes are truly the best ever. Light and fluffy and full of whole wheat pumpkin goodness. Yum!
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon + a dash of nutmeg and ground cloves
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons (yep) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Whisk the eggs, brown sugar, and olive oil together. Add the buttermilk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, flour, baking powder, and salt gently until just incorporated. Add the water and stir until smooth.
- Pour onto a medium hot griddle and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until the edges start to look dry and a little more firm. Flip the pancakes and finish cooking for 1-2 minutes on the other side. Serve hot with butter, syrup and any other toppings in the world. I like banana and flax. You can’t go wrong!
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whole wheat pancakes, pumpkin pancakes, healthy pumpkin pancakes