These blackberries and cream oats are topped with honey and fresh blackberries and made with simple ingredients. Oatmeal at its best!
- 2/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cup bran cereal, such as All Bran
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup egg whites (I used something pre-beaten, similar to Egg Beaters)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 4 tablespoons half and half
- 1–2 tablespoons honey
- Bring the oats, bran, water and salt to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Boil until thick and no longer watery, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and egg whites. Whisk immediately to avoid scrambling the egg whites. The egg whites should incorporate into the oatmeal smoothly, making the consistency a little thicker.
- Divide the oatmeal between two bowls and top with the berries, cream and honey.
Usually I use frozen blackberries because it’s a lot cheaper than buying fresh ones every week. I thaw them until they are still a little cold but not frozen, and they are still delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oats with honey, berry oats, berry and cream oats