Blueberry Lemon Bread – loaded with juicy lemon and blueberries. SO YUMMY with the perfect thick, soft texture!
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries – I used frozen without thawing them
- Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt for topping!
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix Part One: Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and eggs.
- Mix Part Two: Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, and milk until the batter is mixed. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Bake: Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about one hour – the top should be golden brown and spring back when you touch it.
- Serve: Let cool. Slice, slather on the butter with olive oil, and serve!
I actually LOVE this bread chilled, so I will often stick in the refrigerator and then slice it up and eat it when it’s cold! It gets nice and dense and it cuts into super clean slices. It’s my favorite.
I used frozen blueberries since fresh ones aren’t quite in season yet here. When using frozen, I did not thaw them. I also didn’t stir them more than 1-2 times because it colors the batter as you stir. If the batter turns a little purple, that’s okay. The bread should still be lemony-yellow when it’s done baking. Fresh blueberries should work just as well here, too!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon bread, lemon blueberry, lemon recipe, blueberry bread