Brussels & Kale Caesar! Papery-thin shreds of brussels sprouts and chopped lacinato kale, tossed with a creamy, garlicky, avocado-based vegan caesar dressing, topped off with the most addicting cheezy garlic croutons.
Vegan Caesar Dressing:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup mayo (regular or vegan)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons caper brine (optional! – replace with more lemon juice and salt)
Brussels & Kale Caesar:
- 12 ounces brussels sprouts (6–8 cups shredded)
- 1 bunch lacinato kale (6–8 cups chopped)
- Cheezy Garlic Croutons
- Dressing: Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Taste and adjust.
- Salad: Finely chop the kale. Shred the brussels with a mandoline. Make your croutons.
- Serve: When you’re ready to eat, toss the brussels, kale, dressing, and croutons together and enjoy! You can eyeball / modify the amounts of kale, brussels, dressing, and croutons that you use depending on your tastes and how many people you’re serving.
This will make about 1 1/2 cups of dressing.
This preps super well (just store everything separately in the fridge!), but it won’t keep well once it’s tossed with dressing, so be sure to toss together only the amount that you’ll eat.
Garnish salads with lemon wedges and throw some capers on there if you’re bold.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan caesar salad, brussels and kale caesar salad, brussels sprout salad