Savory sauteed shredded brussels sprouts tucked into charred tortillas with roasted corn, jalapeno, black bean, and cilantro chimichurri. WHOA. Yes. Inspired by the Chloe Flavor cookbook.
- 16 ounces brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- salt and olive oil
- 8 ounces frozen corn
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- lime juice, salt, and olive oil
- 1 packed cup each cilantro and parsley
- 1/4 cup each water and olive oil
- 1/4 cup cashews or sunflower seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of 2 limes
- red onion for pickling (see notes!)
- tortillas, black beans, corn, avocado, cotija cheese
- Red Onions: Optional, but yum. Start on these first – see notes.
- Chimichurri: Hit up the food processor or blender and pulse it all together until smooth. Like we do.
- Brussels Sprouts: Saute the brussels sprouts and taco seasoning with a little olive oil and salt until softened and yummy.
- Corn: Saute the corn and jalapeño with some salt, olive oil, and lime juice. Let the corn sit in the hot pan, undisturbed, for a few minutes to get that roasty, charred thing going on.
- Tacos: Assemble and devour!
Shredding the brussels: You can buy them shredded (fast and easy) or you can shred/thinly slice them yourself with a mandoline (superior texture). I’ve done it both ways!
Leftovers: Each element will keep for a few days in the fridge, so you’re all set!
Pickled red onions: In a jar, combine half a thinly sliced red onion, 1/2 cup rice vinegar, and a pinch of salt and sugar. Add water to cover if needed. Set aside while you’re prepping and they’ll be good to go in about an hour. These will keep for a while, but I think they’re best within the first week.
Sauce Alternative: These would also be great with magic green sauce.
How to make this vegan: Skip the cotjia cheese.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: brussels sprout tacos, vegan tacos, vegetable tacos